The DI website has been written by Sarah K Reece, a peer worker with lived experience. For more of her writing on these topics, try these links on her personal blog:
Many of our members write blogs, have websites, or manage online groups of their own. We are always looking for current and relevant resources to link, feel welcome to suggest yours. This is a Network for you to explore: some links are clinical, others are alternative, there is great diversity represented here. Listing links here is not an endorsement, take care when exploring.
Books by members
- Dear Little Ones series by Jade Miller (for inner children)
- Five Farewells by Liz Elliot (personal memoir)
- Engaging Multiple Personalities by David Yeung (advice to fellow therapists)
- The Plurality Playbook by FreyasSpirit and Irenes (personal advice about navigating employment)
For more book suggestions please check out our Library or ask Sarah for a recommendation.
Personal Websites by People with Lived Experience
There are many people who are open about their experiences of dissociation, and many mental health professionals who are part of the Dissociative Initiative network and have websites, blogs, books, youtube clips, and other resources you may find useful.
- Jade Miller Thoughts from J8 (DI volunteer admin with lived experience, author)
- Rachel Waddingham – Behind the Label: Recovery from psychosis, trauma, and dissociation (Peer worker with lived experience)
- Grace Ciszkowski – Facebook pages Celebrating Freedom & Healing From Trauma (DI member with lived experience)
- David Yeung – Engaging Multiples (Psychiatrist and author)
- Life as a Committee (DI member with lived experience)
- Recovery Network: Toronto (DI member with lived experience)
- Phil Benjamin – Psychosis Links (Mental Health Nurse)
Organisations, Indexes, Networks
Some of these offer helplines, online forums, face to face support, email support, books, blogs, and other useful resources.
- Healthy Multiplicity Index of online resources
- Healthy Place Dissociative Disorder resources and support Online articles, information, and advice
- Multiplicity 101 Website of Plural Activism Group – they have a shared space for activists on Yahoo.
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors (PODS) UK based, Carolyn Spring is a Director of PODS, and DI member with lived experience
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation A mental health organisation with a clinical understanding of dissociation and multiplicity. They have a professional list for people to find therapy and mental health support.
- International Community for Voice Hearers (Intervoice) A non-clinical international network supporting people who hear voices of any kind. These folks are ‘nondenominational’ meaning any frameworks or belief systems are welcome. They link to support groups run worldwide.
- Blue Knot Foundation Australian based trauma resource, not specific to dissociation or multiplicity but very familiar with it in some of their members and therefore a great resource for some.
- The Pottergate Centre UK based dissociation organisation
- First Person Plural UK based survivor-led multiplicity association
- Trauma and Dissociation Facebook Page and Wiki
- An Infinite Mind US based organisation behind the regular Healing Together Conference
- Astraea’s Web A huge network of resources around the idea of healthy multiplicity/non-pathological or non-trauma-origin plurality.
Online Support Groups not attached to a website
- Belmont Private Hospital, Trauma and Dissociative Unit in Queensland, Australia
Art and Pride Wear
- Spacerobot Studio Etsy shop with Plural/Multiple Pride accessories